Every Student Deserves a Great Start to Their Day
The Grab and Go Breakfast Program at Bawlf School, provided by the School Council, provides a nutritious snack daily to ensure no child starts their day hungry. Many of our students have long bus rides and a quick snack before class provides the nutrition required to settle them into their first class and be ready to learn. For more information please contact Christee Langkamp School Council Chair at email@example.com
Grab & Go Breakfast Program Purpose & Guidelines
- The Breakfast Program at Bawlf School, coordinated by a sub-committee of School Council, provides a nutritious snack daily to ensure no child starts their day hungry. Many of our students have long bus rides and a quick snack before class provides the nutrition required to settle them into their first class and be ready to learn.
- To provide a healthy snack in the morning to all students, this promotes healthy food choices.
- To follow the Canada food guide and to choose goods that are currently not being offered in any other capacity by school council groups, the school itself and other parent groups.
- To create a sense of belonging and acceptance within our school and community in conjunction with the Healthy School Initiative that promotes healthy positive wellness in our children.
- To promote and encourage positive interactions with students, families and the school staff.
- To have a supply of food that teachers can access and offer to students that they feel are in need throughout the day.
- This program is free of charge to the school community
- It is open to any students, families and staff. All people in need should have access.
- This a school council parent run program, teachers and students are more than welcome to help out.
- Any volunteers are encouraged to have a snack with the students as we feel that the positive social interaction with one another enhance the program.
- This program is made possible by the generous donations of school families and grant monies.
If you have any questions or concerns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Lunch Program
There is a healthy hot lunch scheduled almost once a week with a total of 32 lunches for the year. All dates can be found on the Bawlf School website calendar, Bulletin newsletter and Facebook page.
Hot Lunch Program Purpose & Guidelines
The Hot Lunch Program at the Bawlf School was formed in 2010 stemming from a request from high school students looking for alternative healthy, affordable hot lunch at the school. The program is a school council parent volunteer program that offers many delicious meals on a weekly basis to students and staff. The aim of the program is to provide this service to our school community at a reasonable cost to parents while at the same time generating some extra funds for the school.
- To provide hot lunches to the school community
- To have a variety of options for parents, staff and students to choose from
- To have an affordable lunch option available to all Bawlf School families and staff.
- To offer a menu that provides healthy food choices and promotes healthy eating habits.
Program is available to all school staff, and families of Bawlf School.
This program is a School Council run program that relies on a coordinator to manage the program and parents volunteers to help on hot lunch days.
Restaurants chosen to be a part of the program must offer healthy alternatives, and be allergy conscious.
Hot Lunches On-Line
We offer a menu that provides healthy food choices and promotes healthy eating habits. Our lunches consist of Subway, Panago, East Side Marios, Mad Platter Catering, Chopped Leaf, Wok Box, Edo Japan, Booster Juice, Boston Pizza and Papa John’s Pizza. We will also be offering five homemade lunches this year including Grilled Cheese, Taco in a Bag, Pulled Pork, Pancakes and Hamburgers. Homemade lunches would not be possible without the support of time, money and food provided by the parents of Bawlf School.
We use the Healthy Hunger Website for all of our lunch ordering. Dates for lunches can be found on the Healthy Hunger website. The Healthy Hunger website will be the most up to date for dates and/or changes. All lunches must be pre-ordered, you have the option of pre-ordering for the entire year or simply ordering month by month. New families will need to register all students prior to ordering. Existing users you will need to login and update your child’s new grade/classroom through the Add/Manage Student profiles. Most orders will close 5 days prior to the lunch date with the exception of Subway and the homemade lunches. Reminders to order will be emailed out from the site as well as notifications sent through the remind app. If for some reason you do not use online ordering, paper order forms may be an option. If you require paper order forms please email email@example.com.
The Healthy Hot lunch program appreciates all the volunteers and donors throughout the year and the parents that take the time to come into the school to assist in hot lunch days. Our program is successful because of our parents, teachers, staff, and the community support we receive. Thank you for your generosity and thank you for purchasing healthy lunches.
Curious about the Nutrition and Allergy Guides of our lunch providers? Please see links below for this information.